Chicken Kabseh spices
• 1/2 tbsp grinded black pepper 7g
• 1/2 tbsp grinded cumin 7 g
• 1/2 tbsp grinded hill 7 g
• 1/2 tbsp crushed coriander 7g
•1/2 tbsp grinded cinamon 7g
•1/2 tbsp grinded carnation 7g
•1/2 tbsp salt 7g
THE PREPARATION METHOD
• Heat one spoon of olive oil in a saucepan on a high heat. Add onion slices and wait until the color turns into gold. (half of the quantity is intended for decoration).
• Add chicken pieces in salty and boiled water. Daphne leaves, lime, reddish onions, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste are added to the mix.
• The pan is covered and leaved on a low heat for about 40 minutes.
•Kabseh spices are added and well blended with chicken.
• Washed and pre-soaked freekeh is added to the pan. The mix is mixed slowly. The freekeh must be well immerged within the broth (1 cm below the surface).
• The pan is leaved on a high heat until it boils for 3 minutes.
• The pan is covered and the mix is leaved on a low heat for about 40 minutes.
• Kabseh is served in a platter and decorated with reddish onion slices.